Topic: Custom CSS

I want to include/attach my custom CSS file.
what is the proper and easiest way?

Cheers,
Sivanandhan, P.
www.apsivam.in

Re: Custom CSS

Is this a full new style or just a tweak or two to an existing style?

I just want to spice up some elements, not a full style.

Cheers,
Sivanandhan, P.
www.apsivam.in

Then I would use the hd_head hook to either include another stylesheet with your changes or embed the changes directly in the page.

What if I just want to add a single CSS file. I mean no extensions just one plain CSS file thats it.

Cheers,
Sivanandhan, P.
www.apsivam.in

Well, the idea behind the extension system is that you shouldn't/don't have to edit any of the core PunBB files. wink
However, if you want to go that route, just open style/Oxygen/Oxygen.php and put the reference to the CSS file in (you can store it in the Oxygen folder).

I actually intended for people to do this by editing the Oxygen.php file directly. The idea was that style authors can organise their stylesheets how they like e.g. just one stylesheet for those who find that easier or lots of small stylesheets for those who like a modular approach. It also eliminates importing stylesheets one into another which can sometimes cause problems. I think of the style.php files as being part of the style and not part of the core files.

If you just add your stylesheet to the list in Oxygen.php before the IE specific stylesheets then that should do it. If you encounter any difficulties then it will most likely be because the declarations in your new stylesheet are not specific enough to overrule the declarations in the existing stylesheets. As long as your declarations have at least an equal specificity to the existing declarations then your styesheet should take precdence because it comes later in the list. As Smartys said, just put the stylesheet in the Oxygen folder.

The one thing you can't do is add a stylesheet which will be utilised by all possible styles. You will have to add it to each individual style.

Paul wrote:

If you just add your stylesheet to the list in Oxygen.php before the IE specific stylesheets then that should do it.

You can also add your own meta tags there since Oxygen.php is included inside the head tag.