Topic: Just moved web hosts, now encountering problem, can't run copy

All,

I just moved web hosts, and when I try to run the copy of PunBB that worked on the previous web host, I get the following error:

============start of error text===============

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

============end of error text================

The new web host has PHP 5 and SqLite.

Where do I look for this misconfiguration? There's nothing obvious that I can see in PunBB. The paths are different, but I don't see a place for those in PunBB.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Henrik

Re: Just moved web hosts, now encountering problem, can't run copy

check that config.php and o_base_url in the config table have the correct value then delete the files in the cache folder

Check your error_log and see what the error is.

Thanks yemge and Smartys. I can't find the error file, have sent a message to the web host to get location.

There's nothing remarkable in the config file (I've x'd out the password and cookie seed):

================== start of config.php ==============

<?php

$db_type = 'sqlite';
$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_name = 'punbbforum';
$db_username = 'dufferinpark';
$db_password = 'xxx';
$db_prefix = 'general';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = 'xxx';

define('PUN', 1);

================= end of config.php ================

the o_base_url (found through text edit of sqlite database - is there a tool for this?) is http://dufferinpark.ca/forum which is correct

I've deleted cache files (and a bunch of files in /forum directory called core.nnnn ?)

I'll see what the error file says when I find it.

- Henrik

Yeah, the error_log is what you need to look at. The error you're getting is a generic one from the webserver and as it says: "More information about this error may be available in the server error log." smile

6 (edited by Henrik Bechmann 2008-04-05 21:02)

It turns out that the SQLite database format was corrupted copying from Linux to Window to Linux using FileZilla auto format. When I transferred the database as binary, all is good now.

The clue was when I tried running the database (punBB) in my local windows xampp LAMP installation, which reported a sensible error (complained of file format). That gave me the clue.

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

All the best,

- Henrik