1 (edited by gleb 2008-04-19 06:10)

Topic: *SOLVED* Post New Topic Box - Message box - HEIGHT!

I'm trying to change the height of the Post new topic box - Message box. My forum should benefit alot from this when posting longer articles/text. This will give you a better overview when writing alot of text in my opinion. So I've been looking into post.php and changed the values rows="20" cols="95 but I don't get it to work. The box doesn't get any higher? Am I way off here and should I look into some other files?

post.php

<label><strong><?php echo $lang_common['Message'] ?></strong><br />
                        <textarea name="req_message" rows="20" cols="95" tabindex="<?php echo $cur_index++ ?>"><?php echo isset($_POST['req_message']) ? pun_htmlspecialchars($message) : (isset($quote) ? $quote : ''); ?></textarea><br /></label>

Been searching the forum and I can't find anything :S Anyone with the skills I'm missing?

2 (edited by gleb 2008-04-19 06:24)

Re: *SOLVED* Post New Topic Box - Message box - HEIGHT!

SOLVED!

Managed to solve it by myself. Seemes like I have a fixed height in my base.css. The comination of post.php and base.css makes the diffrence big_smile

Here's how to for anyone else who's interested.

base.css

- In base.css look for all txtarea and create another one called txtarealarge at every position.
- Set the apropriate values. (I only changed height, height: 500px)

post.php

--- Find ---
<div class="infldset txtarea">

--- Change to ---
<div class="infldset txtarealarge">

If you want to increase the box further play around with the rows and cols. It's all a combination of post.php and base.css

post.php

<textarea name="req_message" rows="25" cols="95" tabindex="<?php echo $cur_index++ ?>"><?php echo isset($_POST['req_message']) ? pun_htmlspecialchars($message) : (isset($quote) ? $quote : ''); ?></textarea>