Topic: Help with a lil parse error

Error Message:

Parse error:  parse error, unexpected ']', expecting ')' in AP_News_Generator.php

Here is the code:

$replace = array(pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']), date('Y-m-d H:i', $cur_post['posted']), pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_post['poster']), parse_message($cur_post['message'], $cur_post['hide_smilies']), '<a href="">Comments</a> '.$cur_post['num_replies']);

I cant seem to find it.

This is not my code and got help from some one online. Im just trying to test it.

2 (edited by StevenBullen 2008-04-24 15:34)

Re: Help with a lil parse error

n00b wrote:

Error Message:

Parse error:  parse error, unexpected ']', expecting ')' in AP_News_Generator.php

Here is the code:

$replace = array(pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']), date('Y-m-d H:i', $cur_post['posted']), pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_post['poster']), parse_message($cur_post['message'], $cur_post['hide_smilies']), '<a href="">Comments</a> '.$cur_post['num_replies']);

I cant seem to find it.

This is not my code and got help from some one online. Im just trying to test it.

Should be cur_topic

$replace = array(pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']), date('Y-m-d H:i', $cur_post['posted']), pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_post['poster']), parse_message($cur_post['message'], $cur_post['hide_smilies']), '<a href="">Comments</a> '.$cur_topic['num_replies']);

The problem you have is... this is static content. Which means if someone replies it will not update on your news page. It creates static pages. I dont use this mod to produce my news page which is why it will work differently.

Re: Help with a lil parse error

I know, but the generate feature that is on there actually updates the comments. Well at least to a therotical stand point. But you know what your a stand up guy and thanks for helping out man.

*beer* Cheers

But it works for right now and i guess i have to tinker with it a lil to make it how i want it to look. but thanks though.