Topic: Name that Mod!

I am starting a new forum and have seen a couple of MODs I would like to include but have not been able to identify them.  SO if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.

The first is for uploading images to put into forum posts.  The one I have seen (and liked).  has an upload link on the toolbar that allows you to upload an image to a personal gallery type thing and generates a code that you can then copy and paste into your post.  It does not create a thumbnail.

The second is for member management.  My forum has two sections one that is open to the public and one that is for members only.  I have seen, but once again don't know what the mod is, a way to sign up that allows people to automatically be put in the members group by using a code.  So I go to sign up and if I have the secret code I am automaticaly a member of the members only group otherwise when I sign up I am just a regular member and can't see the restricted section.

I have searched the forum and projects for these mods and have tried a couple things with out much luck.  So any help would be appreciated.