Topic: Attachment mod error

After having moved my site to a new server I get the following error message:

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to move file from: /tmp/phpvpZxlQ to http://www.accollage.de/forum/attachmen … e1.attach.

I do not have the foggiest idea of what to do about it. Does anyone know or have an idea where to start?

Cheers guys
OLLI

Re: Attachment mod error

As one would assume it only happens when you're uploading or attaching files? the answer would appear to be to make sure that the httpd user has correct permissions on the directory where the attachments/files are stored.

Hi Matt,
I am sure the permissions are OK (set to 777 actually)

The error messages only occur now that I have moved the site to a new server and I always get the same now:

Error: Unable to move file from: /tmp/phpvkZb74 to /www/www.accollage.de/forum/attachments/e44ae6628ef8499fc4ee116c27b4aba5/510d9bef9accc112cc6f9ba67c55a3de.attach.

same problem for me

just_olli wrote:

Hi Matt,
I am sure the permissions are OK (set to 777 actually)

The error messages only occur now that I have moved the site to a new server and I always get the same now:

Error: Unable to move file from: /tmp/phpvkZb74 to /www/www.accollage.de/forum/attachments/e44ae6628ef8499fc4ee116c27b4aba5/510d9bef9accc112cc6f9ba67c55a3de.attach.

Does the path "/www/www.accollage.de/forum/attachments/e44ae6628ef8499fc4ee116c27b4aba5/" exist?
Extension creates the base dir on installation.
Yup, I suppose we should handle this case.

Carpe diem

Yup I am sure it does. The mod created all that itself I didn't change anything.
Might this be hidden somewhere in the database? I am no expert unfortunately, but it worked perfectly well before I changed servers.... :-((

Thanks guys for your help!

just_olli wrote:

Yup I am sure it does. The mod created all that itself I didn't change anything.
Might this be hidden somewhere in the database? I am no expert unfortunately, but it worked perfectly well before I changed servers.... :-((

Thanks guys for your help!

Give me the link to the version of mod you are using please. And am I right supposing you are on PunBB 1.2.17 (or 1.2.*)?

Carpe diem

Yes, it's PunBB 1.2.17

Sorry for not writing earlier. What information do you need?

Cheers
OLLI