Topic: Administrator Alerts Bug ? [1.3 RC1]

Hi,
I dont know if this is a bug or something wrong on my side, but i just did a fresh install and everything seems to be ok.
Apart from the Administrator Alerts.

I keep geting the ,

ATTENTION! There are important Administrator Alerts that you should view immediately.

on all pages and when going to the Admin Information Page i get ,

Administrator Alerts: PunBB updates: One or more hotfix extensions are available for install on the Extensions tab of the admin interface.

i have installed all the hotfixes available on the extensions page even the migration hotfix that i dont need.
also cleared the cache, logged in and out several times

is there anything i can do or is this a bug?

Andrew

Omeo.co.uk - [PunBB 1.3 RC]

Re: Administrator Alerts Bug ? [1.3 RC1]

Thank you, mccallum.
Yes, this bug really exists. We have added a corresponding ticket and will fix it in one of the upcoming revisions of PunBB 1.3.
Moreover, we have added a feature request to prevent the alert from being displayed if the administrator isn't going to install one or several hotfixes.
Could you perhaps advise us on a more convenient way to do that? Should we do this in a direct manner (for instance by making a button 'I won't install this hotfix') or in an inderct one (regard a hotfix as 'spotted' if the administrator has opened the page of installing the extensions)

Slavok wrote:

Moreover, we have added a feature request to prevent the alert from being displayed if the administrator isn't going to install one or several hotfixes.
Could you perhaps advise us on a more convenient way to do that? Should we do this in a direct manner (for instance by making a button 'I won't install this hotfix') or in an inderct one (regard a hotfix as 'spotted' if the administrator has opened the page of installing the extensions)

I think you should use a method like microsoft does on there windows update system, using a simple checkbox that allows the user to simply hide the hotfix, then add another page that allows them to unhide the hotfixes.

i have made a mock image of what i think would be a good idea.. this could take longer than a simple link that you suggested.

http://omeo.co.uk/host/punbbhidehotfix.jpg
(Direct Link, Forum will crop image.)

Omeo.co.uk - [PunBB 1.3 RC]

Thank you, we'll take it in account.