1 (edited by sazzad 2008-09-14 14:29)

Topic: Database name, Database username & Database password

I want to open a forum using punbb but when I upload punbb to my site it want to give  Database name, Database username & Database password . plz help now what can I do. My site name is sdhossain.t35.com. I want to install punbb 1.20 in this site.
When I want to open upload file then it show: The file 'config.php' doesn't exist or is corrupt. Please run install.php to install PunBB first. If I give Database name : sdhossain, Database username: sdhossain & give Database password
Then it show: An error occured on line 58 in file /home/freehost/t35.com/s/d/sdhossain/punbb-1.2.20/upload/include/dblayer/mysql.php.

PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2).
Now what can I do?

Re: Database name, Database username & Database password

are you sure your account has database access?

you just have to enter in your host( most cases localhost), your password, your database user name and database password. And you have to create the database..

Looking at the host i dont think you have mysql as it does say (without mysql)...

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

How can I use PUNBB?

sazzad wrote:

How can I use PUNBB?

Please, contact your hosting provider and ask him to help you to create the database. Your hosting provider must give you db_user and db_pass to access MySQL (if your hosting plan includes this service). You should manually create the database (name as you like it, e.g. "punbb" = db_name) before PunBB installation.
Give the db_user, db_pass and db_name to the PunBB installation script then.

Good luck :-)

Carpe diem