1 (edited by rosebar 2008-10-11 13:51)

Topic: User group can't be changed

I have uploaded and installed punbb and it is working perfectly apart from one thing.  I am unable to promote a member to moderator or administrator. When I click on save I get the following error message:

"An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forum/profile.php could not be found on this server."

I get the same error message if I try to ban or delete a user too.

The profile.php file is definitely in the forum folder. I have uploaded a new profile.php file and have changed the permissions to 777 but neither of these makes any difference to the error message. I have installed the attachments mod but don't believe I had to make any changes to profile.php when doing so so I don't think that is part of the problem.

Can anyone help with this?

EDIT: This problem has now been resolved. It turns out that it was a problem with my host. They had to disable mod_security for the forum's directory. Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Re: User group can't be changed

This problem has now been resolved. It turns out that it was a problem with my host. They had to disable mod_security for the forum's directory. Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Thanks. Hope so too.

Carpe diem