Topic: Newbie to PunBB - Help please

Good morning All!!

I have been recommended PunBB by some other developers.
Basically I was looking for a forum that is simple to use, easily-customisable, and I am hoping to also integrate the login to the forum with the login of the rest of the site.

If anyone can send me specific forum posts/information/help on the following two, that would be great:

- Integrating forum registration with site registration and forum login with site login, so both are the same and people don't have to register for the website and then register separately for the forum

- Editing the template to match the look at feel of your own site

Thanks guys!! Very excited at the prospect of using PunBB!!

Duncan

Re: Newbie to PunBB - Help please

I don't think the word "easy" can be used BUT the forums are good, clean and fast. Version 1.3 has nice easy admin features but currently there are not so many extensions.

I'm just an idiot though, so I'm bound to struggle when it comes to modifications. Someone more clever than I will be along shortly I'm sure

Concerning the integration, I am not very sure, but I know it's been done for Joomla. A joomla and punbb bridge is available at http://www.jfusion.org. If you look into the source code I believe you will find the required info, encryption string etc.

As for the template, all you need to do is make some CSS edits. The punbb template is CSS based.

This thread is dedicated to integration of PunBB with WordPresss