1 (edited by KeyDog 2009-01-10 08:50)

Topic: Donate (PayPal) button in author-info

I have relied very heavily on support from people with experience and knowledge answering or trying to answer my posts up to now.

Now, reading someone elses discussion with garciat in another post and also looking at his site I see there is no clear way to donate anything to him.

This principle applies to other devs and users of this forum aswell. They are spending their free time to advance someone else.

This doesn't and shouldn't mean they expect money. But, it should be possible in an easy uncomplicated way if someone feels inclined to do so.

Therefor I request the feature be added to author-info on left (or footer, where-ever clearly visible) to do so. I would love to see this as an extension as I believe it's a very interesting way to promote activity in a forum. (This isn't about: should people be wanting money, it's about giving the OPTION of doing so).

My thinking: If I find a post helpfull or the responses from XYZ to be very good, I can show that gratitude in an additional way.

Maybe you have some thoughts on this aswell @ anyone big_smile

(I was thinking of a chip-in graphic that leads to paypal account specificly - but that is open to discussion as ever)

This should improve (what is already pretty good) response levels.

EDIT: I was thinking of a setting in profile, enter paypal email adress and make a button appear with link to it. I know there is also chip in - which puts a cool graph in , which shows how much has been donated till now - that would be the ultimate for me big_smile