Topic: Can not ban certain IP

I have banned 89.41.71.234, but then i see again that someone with IP 89.41.71.234 has posted message.
But I have banned this IP...
Banned by admin

Edit ban or Remove ban
IP/IP-ranges: 89.41.71.234

What I need to do to get that user with IP 89.41.71.234 can not post message...?

2 (edited by colak 2009-01-15 19:47)

Re: Can not ban certain IP

you can use htaccess

Order Deny,Allow
Deny from 89.41.71.234
Allow from all

Thanks. I try. I have poor knowledges:)

colak wrote:

you can use htaccess

Order Deny,Allow
Deny from 89.41.71.234
Allow from all

The O.P shouldn't need to resort to that however if things are working as they should. Banning an I.P should ban an I.P. Nothing more or less.

MattF wrote:

The O.P shouldn't need to resort to that however if things are working as they should. Banning an I.P should ban an I.P. Nothing more or less.

True, but if this was a persistent spammer, the htaccess rule will sort it out until a PunBB solution is found by someone with better knowledge than me.

colak wrote:
MattF wrote:

True, but if this was a persistent spammer, the htaccess rule will sort it out until a PunBB solution is found by someone with better knowledge than me.

Apologies if what I intended came across incorrectly. smile I was meaning more along the lines of the O.P should submit a bug report due to things obviously not working as they should. I realise I worded it extremely vaguely in that first post. smile