Topic: Inserting Styles

I know this has been covered a lot before but I'm still in trouble. I've downloaded new styles but I'm getting what appears to be conflicting instructions on how to install them. Basically, I know nothing much about PunBB or coding. I managed to set up a Forum and would like to use something other than Oxygen. I've noticed that the set up within the folders of the two new styles I downloaded is a lot different than that of the Oxygen set up. Can someone tell me as a pure novice the correct file paths (where to put them) any extra .php files i need to include and where, and anything else I'm obviously missing? BTW the styles (Novin and Kontrast) are showing up in the dropdown menu in Setup, and when I choose one and Save Changes it refreshes the page but returns the same Oxygen skin.

I'd be very grateful for any assistance

2 (edited by KeyDog 2009-01-15 21:42)

Re: Inserting Styles

where did you download them?
which section?
don't sound like they're made for 1.3.2 !

you've put them in right place though judgin by what you describe....
there needs to be a file    style (i.e. oxygen.php)  .php in the folder you download with the new style. otherwise it won't work anyhow....

EDIT: only just realized you're posting in the 1.2 - so what version are you running? if you're new - i'd be surprised you're going with 1.2 instead of 1.3

KeyDog wrote:

where did you download them?
which section?
don't sound like they're made for 1.3.2 !

This is the 1.2* section. smile They'll have been downloaded from PunRes.

I got them in PunRes and yes I am in the wrong section (using 1.3). Apologies for that - I'll shift. I'll check for 1.3 versions of the styles. Thanks