Topic: Upgrading to 1.3.2 instructions page?

I have 1.2.17 and am considering moving to 1.3.2.  This is the first full week that I have ever dealt with PunBB or any message board.  Also, had a terrible time with first install of 1.3.2 so went with the current. Now because of the cool stuff on the new version, I'm getting braver each day.  My message board is really taking off though, so I don't want to mess it all up!

Have found the page on upgrading and installing instructions but the highest level covered is taking 1.2 to 1.2.16.

Is there an instruction page on how to upgrade to 1.3.2 I can access?

Thanks!

Re: Upgrading to 1.3.2 instructions page?

To upgrade your Punbb 1.2 forum to Punbb 1.3, you should follow these steps:

• Download the latest Punbb version from the downloads page.

• Upload all Punbb 1.3 files from the upload folder within the downloaded zip file.

• Run admin/db_update.php (e.g. open http://example.com/myforums/admin/db_update.php in your browser).

Make sure you have a back up of both your database and files.

All modifications will be lost and all changes to your style will be lost. Your style will need recreating from scratch.

Some of the old 1.2 modifications are now extensions for 1.3 but not all of them have been updated. Make sure all of the modifications you currently use on 1.2 are already available for 1.3 before upgrading, if they are a necessity for your board anyway (or unless you dont mind upgrading some yourself).

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Thanks, Utchin!  Sounds a bit daunting, but I'll give it a try.

Hope you're still around, utchin.  No luck upgrading to 1.3.2.  The link in Admin Index Check for Upgrade tells me I already have the latest version which is bogus since it says right there 1.2.17.  Going thru your process, well it's too long to go into in writing - how I wish PunBB had telephone support, some things just demand it!  But I am wondering:

Can the database from one m-board be incorporated into another m-board?

For example, I have MymBoard. I make a backup gz file on my hard drive. I change the board's name to MymBoard1 (quickest way to copy and reinstall if needed.)  I install 1.3.2 (easy with Simple Scripts one click install) and give it the original name of the first, MymBoard.

Can I then upload the database in gz format and give it to the new MymBoard?

To me, this would be MUCH simpler!  All hinges on one database being used for a second message board.   Possible? Or not?