Topic: How to add icons nearby the category names in the bar

I was previously using punbb 1.2, and I was displaying pictures (little icons) nearby each category whith this mod in the styles/imports/your_style_cs.css:

#
#---------[ Add at the end ]---------
#

/****************************************************************/
/* N.  CATEGORIES PICTURES */
/****************************************************************/

#idx1 h2 span {
background: transparent url(../../img/image_categorie_1.png) no-repeat 0 0;
padding-left: 25px;
height: 22px;
display: block;
}

#idx2 h2 span {
background: transparent url(../../img/image_categorie_2.png) no-repeat 0 0;
padding-left: 25px;
height: 22px;
display: block;
}

... And so on for each category. I tried the same thing on my punbb 1.3.2 but it doesn't work. The idea sould be to display someting like that:

http://ups.imagup.com/02/1235250454_icons-category2.png

I cheated with photoshop to show you this example, the idea should be to have one different icon in front of each different category. Is it possible to do whithout touching the core of the code, with the css or an extension?

2 (edited by Programming-Designs 2009-02-21 20:09)

Re: How to add icons nearby the category names in the bar

The way the forum design is setup it isn't possible to do this through CSS. There is simply nothing to differentiate each forum category from each other (this is an issue I have with PunBB). There is a category div ID but it only wraps around the forum links themselves not the actual name/title of the category for those links. With an extension/modding it would be possible though.

Re: How to add icons nearby the category names in the bar

Such an extension would be so great! big_smile

I will wait, and if I find something useful I'll report it back here to share with the forum smile