Topic: How to avoid junk posts

My PunBB has lots of junk posts. How can I avoid it?

Is it a way to allow me to set approval or not before people post?

Thank you very much.

Re: How to avoid junk posts

appledai wrote:

Is it a way to allow me to set approval or not before people post?

There is an extension pun_approval. All posts and topics have to be approved by admin in this extension.
But this extension is not ready yet, it needs testing. Can you help us to test it out?

Sure, I will be glad to be a helper. Hope that function can be released soon.

pun_approval is ready for beta testing. You can get the latest revision from SVN.

Slavok wrote:

pun_approval is ready for beta testing. You can get the latest revision from SVN.

Waiting for that. When it will be releasing?

giselle wrote:
Slavok wrote:

Waiting for that. When it will be releasing?

Has this been released now not as beta ?

Not beta.

The pun_approval extension was released. It will be nice to hear your opinions and suggestions about it.

Will there be filters kind of like Akismet for WP? It could be time consuming to have to individually approve every post.

Aaron Neal, Satellite Internet

Would it be possible to maintain some kind of list with "taboo" words or stop words or something like that. Whenever one of those appear the posts are blocked or even the user

hanfsamen wrote:

taboo" words or stop words

Administration » Settings » Censoring

It won't ban the user, but if it's words that bother you, they'll disappear.

Mostly the words in the post aren't the problem when getting spam posts, it's the links. And you can't censor links to my knowledge.... It would be rather futile, judging by the number of sites, words and links possible...

I have extension that dont allow users with < 50 posts (configurable) make posts with > 3 links.
That simple method block 99% spam posts becouse all it have many links.