Topic: Moderation

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible in PunBB to submit ALL messages to moderation by a moderator (that is, no message is published except through validation by a moderator) ?

Also, is it possible to ban users in PunBB ?

Thanks,
zibizibi.

Re: Moderation

zibizibi wrote:

Also, is it possible to ban users in PunBB ?

Yes, click on the user nickname>Administration>Ban this user via the administration console.

Ok, thank you. What about the moderation on all messages ?

There is plugin request for that one. Hope that someone will take it on.

Ok, thank you

I am also waiting for this plugin. I think this will be a great one. Any idea? if someone has taken on this smile

Perhaps the pun_approval extension will help you. Posts and new registrations should be approved by moderators (you can set this for separate users groups). This extension is in development now, but you can try to use it and help us to find possible bugs smile

I've installed the approval extension, but I'm unsure how to use it. It's showing up in my configuration and all that, and the new messages are showing up as "unapproved," but they're always still in the forum list. Is this because I'm posting them using an Admin account?

Also, when I look at the list of unapproved posts in the admin console, I don't seem to be able to either approve or unapprove them. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Brian

Okay, so I can see that it's working a bit, once I put a non-admin post. Unfortunately I get a problem when actually trying to approve a post; it looks like the overdefined add post functionality keeps trying to add the existing post over itself, rather than updating.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks!
Brian