1 (edited by FreshPrince 2009-09-22 09:17)

Topic: Editing footer?

I've read the faq for pubb and it said I can change the footer as long as I keep the "Powered by Punbb" part.

All I want to do is get rid of the "Currently installed 7 official extensions. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB." below the quick jump drop-down menu.

How would I do this?

EDIT:

And my captcha image isn't showing up either. Can somebody help with that too?

2 (edited by colak 2009-09-23 12:13)

Re: Editing footer?

FreshPrince wrote:

All I want to do is get rid of the "Currently installed 7 official extensions. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB."

Add this to your css

#extensions-used {display:none;}

3 (edited by FreshPrince 2009-09-23 18:04)

Thanks for your help! It didn't really work out the way I wanted it to but you gave me a clue on what to do. Your code hid how many extensions were installed but still showed "Currently installed . Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.".

I used this code that worked pretty well.

#brd-about {max-height:30px; overflow:hidden;}

Again, thanks for your help! Great board! I love the simplicity and clean design. Keep up the good work!

BTW: I still have the "Powered by PunBB, supported by Informer Technologies, Inc." with the working link so don't worry. big_smile

FreshPrince wrote:
#brd-about {max-height:30px; overflow:hidden;}

I want to do the same as you. Please tell me where to put this code.

Thanks a lot!

5 (edited by FreshPrince 2009-10-15 21:42)

Heh, you're lucky I subscribed to this post.. I would've never seen it. tongue

Anyway, edit the "header.php", find and replace.. here's the code:

// FIND THIS AREA
// IT STARTS AT LINE 112

if (!empty($forum_page['nav']))
    $forum_head['nav'] = implode("\n", $forum_page['nav']);

$forum_head['search'] = '<link rel="search" href="'.forum_link($forum_url['search']).'" title="'.$lang_common['Search'].'" />';
$forum_head['author'] = '<link rel="author" href="'.forum_link($forum_url['users']).'" title="'.$lang_common['User list'].'" />';

ob_start();

// Include stylesheets
require FORUM_ROOT.'style/'.$forum_user['style'].'/'.$forum_user['style'].'.php';

// THIS IS WHERE YOU ADD THE CODE
// COPY AND PASTE THE WHOLE ECHO

echo '
<style type="text/css">
#brd-about {background: #ffffff; border-color: #ffffff; margin-bottom: 20px; max-height: 30px; overflow: hidden;}
</style>';

I hope this helps.

EDIT: Get rid of the "background: #ffffff; border-color: #ffffff;" if you still want the border around it. I took it off though.

Great!

It works!

^^ haha, link fail.

Your welcome! big_smile

i want to add second announcement box in footer. how can it be possible?  sad