Topic: set_magic_quotes_runtime() and "Cannot modify header information"

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\include\base.php on line 23

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\include\base.php:23) in C:\xampp\htdocs\header.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\include\base.php:23) in C:\xampp\htdocs\header.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\include\base.php:23) in C:\xampp\htdocs\header.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\include\base.php:23) in C:\xampp\htdocs\header.php on line 34

I just downloaded XAMPP and installed it, but it uses PHP 5.3 and set_magic_quotes_runtime() was taken out of that version, so how can I fix this? Is there a way to put XAMPP back to PHP 4?

I put ob_start() at the top of header.php but that didn't fix the header problem.

Please help, it's messing up my forum. sad

2 (edited by Slavok 2009-09-28 07:40)

Re: set_magic_quotes_runtime() and "Cannot modify header information"

Comment the line with function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in the "<FORUM_ROOT>/include/common.php".

Slavok wrote:

Comment the line with function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in the "<FORUM_ROOT>/include/common.php".

Hey Slavok,

I did the same thing. I updated xampp to PHP 5.3* and had the same errors. You're fix, fixed it!

I discovered 2 other scripts I use which won't work in PHP 5.3* on my test server, and am working on those. My host will be updating later this year and I want to cover all the bases before it happens.

I'm using PunBB 1.2.22,  but due to rewrites (I think) I can only view the index page on my test server. Do you know of any other incompatibilities I may encounter when my host upgrades to PHP 5.3* from 5.2*?

Thanks.

here i found a good article related to Header problem

http://getperfectanswers.com/info/canno … y-sent-by/