Topic: svchost.exe and/or spoolsv.exe uses 45% CPU

Have 3 desktops with same MB, CPU, Mem, Win XP pro SP3.  One unit has 45% cpu uage constantly while other 2 have 2% usage.  With "process explorer" can suspend either svchost or spoolsv  to get CPU usage down to 2%.  Spoolsv is only in "system32 folder", all pending file printing is cancelled.  Ad Aware, AVG 9.0, malwarebyte, PCtool spyware doctor, have ben run without finding anything.  Unit locks up after long period of idle.  Reboot required to have normal function.

Have HJT files ready. 

Anyone got a clue?

Thanks

Re: svchost.exe and/or spoolsv.exe uses 45% CPU

cris1939 wrote:

Have 3 desktops with same MB, CPU, Mem, Win XP pro SP3.  One unit has 45% cpu uage constantly while other 2 have 2% usage.  With "process explorer" can suspend either svchost or spoolsv  to get CPU usage down to 2%.  Spoolsv is only in "system32 folder", all pending file printing is cancelled.  Ad Aware, AVG 9.0, malwarebyte, PCtool spyware doctor, have ben run without finding anything.  Unit locks up after long period of idle.  Reboot required to have normal function.

Have HJT files ready. 

Anyone got a clue?

Thanks

I fix my own problem.  Using Process Explorer and Unlocker I found traces of printers that I haven't had in years. Killing those porcesses was not enough.  I had to find all the DLLs, unlock them and delete them. I  consentrated on the spoolsv process after working through all the processes of the svchost.

Re: svchost.exe and/or spoolsv.exe uses 45% CPU

I have the same problem with LVComS, even after I supposedly uninstalled the cam application. It doesn't slow the PC that much, but it's annoying. Removing from the start list didn't help either

cris1939 wrote:
cris1939 wrote:

Have HJT files ready. 

Anyone got a clue?

Thanks

I fix my own problem.  Using Process Explorer and Unlocker I found traces of printers that I haven't had in years. Killing those porcesses was not enough.  I had to find all the DLLs, unlock them and delete them. I  consentrated on the spoolsv process after working through all the processes of the svchost.

my coupon site needs a forum.