Topic: problems upgrading to 1.3.4 - maintenance mode stuck

hiya,

our server got hacked, and i was advised to upgrade to the latest version of punbb. im pretty sure we were running a release candidate of 1.3 previously. i got the board admin to put it in maintenance mode so i could take it down at a convenient time and upgrade it to 1.3.4.

i renamed the original install folder to "boardold" and put a fresh copy of 1.3.4 into "board" and ran admin/db_update.php
this was successful (and now when i try to run it i get "Your database is already as up-to-date as this script can make it."), however, i cant get the board out of maintenance mode.

ive uploaded turn_off_maintenance_mode.php to the forum root, but when i try to run it, i get:

The constant FORUM_ROOT must be defined and point to a valid PunBB installation root directory.

the original board was hacked around for various plugins (PMs, spam, etc) but this shouldnt affect the database....right?
any suggestions on how i can get it out of maintenance mode, or failing that, what tables i need to export for user accounts, forum structure and post content so i can do a clean install, then import the data from the old forum?

TIA,
wanye.

Re: problems upgrading to 1.3.4 - maintenance mode stuck

To solve your problem, you should add a constant FORUM_TURN_OFF_MAINT to the file config.php