Topic: blogging

I have punbb 1.3.4 installed in mywebsite.com/board/  I want to make a mywebsite.com/blog and make people use their punbb account to post in mywebsite.com/blog/
Is that possible?

Re: blogging

This article about integration punbb and wordpress.

I think the article describes the opposite of what I want. It describes how to use your wordpress username/password in punbb (i.e. integrate punbb into a blog).
I want the opposite (use your punbb username/password to post in blog).

hussam wrote:

. . . I want the opposite (use your punbb username/password to post in blog).

So if you want to use the blog posting engine what is the purpose of PunBB? From what you say, it sounds like you don't need it.

How easy is it to chop up the coding?. I need to remove a lot of functionality that just won't be needed, but can I do this without ending up killing the software completely?

dennyloren12 wrote:

How easy is it to chop up the coding?. I need to remove a lot of functionality that just won't be needed, but can I do this without ending up killing the software completely?

There are others here who are far more qualified than I, but as an amateur I have been successful at this. I barely know how to write html, but removing lines from the php files wasn't hard to figure out. It seems the PunBB code is pretty robust. I guess it depends on how much you want to chop out. Give it a try!