1 (edited by richiepearce 2010-06-06 12:22)

Topic: Accessibility Features added to Forum

This modification has not been created as a hook but I have altered some of the files and re-zipped it for installation.

We needed to develop the forum to make it more accessible for adults with learning disabilities and visual impairment.

This means that we have added a large text option and a site colour scheme selector making the forum more accessible and user friendly for this group of users.

We have done this using PHP rather than Java Script.

We have set up a demonstration site for everyone to see and download the modified zip files for free.

Go to www.accessibleforum.org.uk

If you visit the site and the options don't work straight away, just click on any link on the site and try again. For some reason if you go there from this site, it sometimes has this problem. I think it is due to the cookies from both sites.

Re: Accessibility Features added to Forum

Nice work!

That's very nice. I like to see people trying to make communication clear and comfortable for everyone. There seem to be so many forces working in the opposite direction these days.

I am curious about how you arrived at the colour choices. Are they based on different types of colour blindness?

The alternate colours are very comfortable as well which I actually find a bit surprising because blues mostly rub me the wrong way. The particular blues which you chose however, are very comfortable. Colour sensitivity is of course a psychological problem, but I am sure that there are many people in the same situation.

Ole Juul wrote:

That's very nice. I like to see people trying to make communication clear and comfortable for everyone. There seem to be so many forces working in the opposite direction these days.

I am curious about how you arrived at the colour choices. Are they based on different types of colour blindness?

The alternate colours are very comfortable as well which I actually find a bit surprising because blues mostly rub me the wrong way. The particular blues which you chose however, are very comfortable. Colour sensitivity is of course a psychological problem, but I am sure that there are many people in the same situation.

Glad you like it  smile . Yes, the colours are based on different kinds of colour blindness.