1 (edited by littlebigfred 2010-08-04 14:29)

Topic: [SOLVED] Prompting user for URL?

Hello

I don't know how this feature is called, but the URL icon in the toolbar simply adds the

[url]...[/url]

which is OK for geeks but not for non-techies.

Is there a way/add-on to display a pop-up dialog to prompt the user for the URL to which the highlighted text should point?

Thank you.

Re: [SOLVED] Prompting user for URL?

There's that UBBcode extention that would have been going in the direction - if it worked.
It would be done with javascript.

One of these forum members could probably code it : rajuru, DiD, daris, LuckyMouse

Thanks. Too bad it's not already part of PunBB.

Well, it's little bit "against" philosophy of PunBB (but I guess it could be part of pun_bbcode extension)...  neutral

Eraversum - scifi browser-based online webgame

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough: I did read about WYSIWYG not necessarily being such a good idea (slower, with security risks since people can post HTML), but I think asking non-techies to type BBCode to type URL's is an issue. I think it'd be better to prompt them for the URL, and turn this into BBCode, so they won't butch it.

They don't need to type bbcode.... all they need to do is type in a correct url and the parser automatically does the rest!
tick the feature below in settings > features

Allow BBCode parser to detect URLs and put them into url tag.

Cool smile I didn't know PunBB would add the tags automatically. Problem solved then. Thank you.