Topic: Editing nav-links

I am trying to change the existing navlinks, I could easily take it out from the TPL file but than I lose the php functions such as guest view and admin menu link. I have looked in functions.php and can takeout any link there but the Index link when I remove it from functions.php it appears at the end of the line after Administration. I am using the Portal by Daris as well, but I cant find it interfering with the navlinks. I am not sure where to go from here any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Editing nav-links

Remember: /?forum  is the link you can't change to an image (or are having trouble with)  - all the default links are pointing to a .php file. Portal and also private messages for example don't link to a php file the way the others do....

Im not trying to add an image to the forums I can do that just fine. I am trying to take out the index link. Which leads to the portal page. I can remove it from functions.php but than it appears after administration link. Cause with the Index link gone I can add in my own using an image.

you in other thread wrote:

So I am trying to change my navlinks to images, but I cant seem to find what peice of code makes the "Forums" link for the Portal by Daris. I looked all over in the manifest.xml. I can find the regular ones in includes/functions.php but when I take away the index it moves it to the very end after AdministratorCP link. I am very confused and was wondering if I could get some help? I will put all of my links uptop using the addlinks part of settings in the admin cp.

I misunderstood the above question you posted in other thread then...

Sorry I havent been using computers in a while. My typing is horrid, I didnt mean to come across as snotty if i did. I just cant seem to get rid of that index link, it always moves to the end of the set of links.

Figured it out. You have to edit the manifest.xml before you do the installation. There still should be a way to change it before but I cant figure it out for the life of me. I was able to change the Forums image as well.

Ok cool. No worries big_smile