1 (edited by jennypretty 2011-11-10 18:15)

Topic: Pun stop bots question

I installed this extension and it worked a few days ago. When I tried to post a question today, it keeps displaying next question when I entered the answer.

Is there something wrong? Can anyone help please?

Here is the link:
http://www.single123.com/forums/

Thanks.

Re: Pun stop bots question

Maybe wrong answer?

Or show me link to your forum.

Same problem here.   PubBB 1.4.

http://www.theprofessionalphotographyfo … gister.php

(if you need the right answer, email me)

Im check later.

Prefered antispam for 1.4 is Fancy_stop_spam - its under active development and work good.

5 (edited by Federer Photography 2011-11-09 19:15)

ancy_stop_spam didn't seem to do ANYTHING on 1.4 -- no questions, no captchas, no nothing.  I was able to register, change my password, and post ... all without seeing a single 'human' challenge.

The only thing that seems to work with it is limiting the number of links in a post.  (and even that applies to ALL posts, not just the first ... unlike what it says)

Main idea of Fancy_stop_spam is been invisible for humans. No captchas or something. Its use non-stadard methods for detecting bots.
At latest version im added support for StopForumSpam email checking and this working good. At next week planned add support for checking IP through StopForumSpam.

dimkalinux wrote:

Main idea of Fancy_stop_spam is been invisible for humans. No captchas or something. Its use non-stadard methods for detecting bots.

Okay - so that's why it doesn't work to stop my test spam bots?  I guess that makes sense... if it's supposed to be 100% transparent.

At latest version im added support for StopForumSpam email checking and this working good. At next week planned add support for checking IP through StopForumSpam.

... but "StopForumSpam" (assume this is "pun_stop_bots -- Stop Spam from bots ver 0.3.3?) doesn't work.
It asks questions when people try to post and I couldn't find a way to turn that off.
It asks questions when people try to register, but never accepts the 'right' answer and thus people cannot actually register when I have this extension enabled.

StopForumSpam is online database of spammers. We check emails through this database before register user.

Oh, so StopFourmSpam is not an extension.   That makes way more sense.

So you are recommending to not use pun_stop_bots then?  (it appears to be broken)

We test it later.
But i think Fancy_stop_spam is enough.

11 (edited by Federer Photography 2011-11-10 15:53)

Fancy Stop Spam doesn't seem to be working -- we are getting just as many spam registrations (if not more) than before.

Is there someplace we can go see this 'work'?

Show me screenshot of settings page for Fancy Stop Spam.

http://externaluse.federerphotography.com/informer/FancySpam.gif

I will admit, it's been working for keeping links in the spam posts... but they are still able to register.

Please, if you can, send me 3-5 last spammers emails and ip-addresses?

You think its real humans spamers or bots?

I have been deleting them... so I don't have any right now.

I think it is humans.

17 (edited by jennypretty 2011-11-10 18:16)

Here is the link:
http://www.single123.com/forums/

I also posted a link on my post.

Just post a guest topic, you don't have to register.

Thanks.

18 (edited by Federer Photography 2011-11-12 04:34)

dimkalinux wrote:

Please, if you can, send me 3-5 last spammers emails and ip-addresses?

You think its real humans spamers or bots?

Username: rasel420
rasel420@in.com
IP: 58.97.222.137

Username: hanryjack01
hanryjack01@yahoo.com
IP: 182.68.245.209

Username: book
xupeili@yahoo.cn
IP: 221.139.104.110

Username: shohel1
bds5r3mizi@yahoo.com
IP: 180.234.55.193

Username: ghhhh
sdsdsda.fffsd@yahoo.com
IP: 221.139.104.110

Latest 3 is real spammers and detected fancy_stop_spam - at least 4 detected by version 1, and 3 and 4 detected by test version 1.1 (will be released soon). Why you think that 1 and 2 is spamers or bots?

20 (edited by Federer Photography 2011-11-12 23:17)

I dont' understand -- if they were 'detected' why were they allowed to register and post links on my forum?

I happen to know the 'hanryjack' is by a SEO company out of India. (I contacted the person their links advertised for)

Try to register with email bds5r3mizi@yahoo.com - if you have installed Fancy_stop_spam and Check email options turned on - you can not register.

Check by IP settings will be released tomorrow.

You are right, I can't register with that email --- because that spammer (Shohel1) already exists on our system.

Is there a spam blocking solution that works for 1.4 for keeping out spam registrations?   Human test questions, captchas,  not allowing numbers in the email address or username, etc?

I am still getting spam registrations.  Do I need to do anything to have it check IPs?

Is there any spam registration blocking solution that works on 1.4?

Update to version Fancy_stop_spam 1.2.2 - we test it here and have good results. Version 1.2 can check spam bots by IP, not only emails.

If you still have bots registration - please, send me bots email and ip.