Topic: How to remove spambot registrations?

I have StopForumSpam.com antispam extension installed (v. 1.1.2), but still getting 30+ spam registrations daily. Is there any reasonably easy way to remove those registrations? I.e. some kind of script that would compare registrations with downloaded stopforumspam.com's bannedips.csv file and remove those with zero posts?

Re: How to remove spambot registrations?

Did you try this?

Grez Script To Check IPs Of Already Registered Users

Make sure you download the latest banned ips csv from stopforumspam....

also this one

Script to remove users with signatures but no posts from PunBB 1.3.x

3 (edited by 8k84 2011-12-28 15:23)

Both do not work for me:
- as far as I understood, the first one checks posts database (and I'm not sure what it does then since the outcome was a list of 4 legitimate users, no spambot registrations), while I need to remove registrations with zero posts from those whose ip's are in sfs database;
- did not try the second one, but it won't work since spambot registrations I'm getting do not have signatures.

And yes, I downloaded the most recent banned ips file from stopforumspam.

4 (edited by abclf 2011-12-28 18:18)

8k84 wrote:

I have StopForumSpam.com antispam extension installed (v. 1.1.2), but still getting 30+ spam registrations daily. Is there any reasonably easy way to remove those registrations?

Do they complete registration ?
if not, I have read (to be confirmed, can not find it back) that partial registration are auto deleted after some days (from 1.3.?).

In my case, http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … stop-spam/ seems to be working.

Yes, they complete registration, and that's the problem -- I did not notice this until we got a few hundred dormant spambot registrations among verified users.