Topic: it says i registered "today"

on my forums, it says i registered today, which is wrong because i registered first as i was the first person.

Re: it says i registered "today"

In your other topic on the same subject (*hint* *hint*), you said it was resolved?

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2565

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

it seems to be the same problem, but it is in a dif part, im not as worried about it as the post date thing, but its annoying because ti says i registered today, it says one of my admins did too but she registered the day i did.

odd: now i ahve registered on monday and my others admins ahve registered today and some other users registered yesterday? im going to have to contact them and ask if they have this error.

and the post thing doesn't seem to be resolved either. it was but now its not.

You've set the correct timezone in admin/options as well?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

it is set to 00 GMT

i set it to -8 and its still reporting time wrong.

How wrong is it? Is it "just" one hour or is it more?

the time is correct, it just says the day wrong.

wait, its about 5 hours off

And the clock on the server is correct?

im checking everything now with the host.

If you want to check the time on the server, just run a simple script like this:

<?php date('r'); ?>

Edit: Please note that the server timezone should be the timezone where the server is located. Perhaps your server is not located on the west coast?

the host's main base is in england. this could be a while

uhm, i have a problem with this script it prints nothing.

I'm an idiot :) Try this instead:

<?php print date('r'); ?>

i ahve the tiem fixed but i still ahve the registered and posted yesterday and such problem.

But if you post now, it's correct?

it says i posted yesterday, so no.

Gah. I'm going crazy with this :)

1. Where is the server located. If you don't know, try entering the IP address of the server: http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm?GetLocation

2. What did the script I showed you output?

3. What have you selected for "Server timezone" in admin/options?

4. What have you selected for "Timezone" in your user profile?

5. How many hours off is it now? I mean, if you post a message and look at the post time directly after.

technically it is 24 hours off.m the server is in england, its timezone is 00 GMT and i think thsi is a punbb problem :\ so im switching scripts to IBF and tis gonna be a bitch to do.

I doubt this is a PunBB problem since it seems to work for everyone else. Oh well, I hope you have better luck with IPB.

i hope i do lol.

Please post here again with the results :)