Topic: Help link

i think there should be a "help" link in the link place. one that goes to help.php.

Re: Help link

Thats a coincidence, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

lol, its like the only thing thats missing up there lol.

There is one problem with this. The help file only contains information that is relevant when you want to post a message. Right now the only links to the help script are located next to textareas. What about just adding more descriptive text link there?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

OK. So what we need is to come up with a general help file for the board. Any volunteers.

hmm... just a question ... what on earth would you write in a 'general help file'?

it's not like the board is hard to understand or has too many features that needs explaining or something... for me everything is quite self explaining.

Frank H wrote:

hmm... just a question ... what on earth would you write in a 'general help file'?

it's not like the board is hard to understand or has too many features that needs explaining or something... for me everything is quite self explaining.

You set up a site lets say dealing with a particular medical condition affecting the elderly. You want to deploy a discussion board both as a community and as an information resource. The majority of your visitors have not used the internet before. They don't even know what a link is. The term login is meaningless until you tell them it means "signing in". They think cookies are something that come with milk and "post reply" means they have to send in thier contribution by snail mail. Are you getting the picture smile

thank god my forums are not over run by these incredebly stupid people o.o

ps21 wrote:
You set up a site lets say dealing with a particular medical condition affecting the elderly. You want to deploy a discussion board both as a community and as an information resource. The majority of your visitors have not used the internet before. They don't even know what a link is. The term login is meaningless until you tell them it means "signing in". They think cookies are something that come with milk and "post reply" means they have to send in thier contribution by snail mail. Are you getting the picture smile

true ... only thing is that one need to get them to press the help link wink