Topic: Nipping spam in the bud

Hello All,

I have been experimenting with punBB for a few days now.  I have had to stay with ver 1.36 since the Post/Registration approval plugin does not work with the current version.  One of the things that has surprised me is this - when there are posts awaiting approval I need to reject spammy posts one-by-one with many mouse clicks for each reject.  Why is it not possible to simply check a whole lot of posts - like in mail clients such as Hotmail - and delete them in one go?

The other issue is related - being able to approve posts is nice.  What would be even nicer is to be able to run a script on a post the moment it is made and just reject it outright if it meets certain criteria.  I can certainly code the PHP for this if someone points me in the right direction.  I would imagine that a generic solution is not easy to create but for my own limited purposes I can build adequate heuristics to detect things I want to reject even prior to their coming up for approval.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Re: Nipping spam in the bud

Kind'a ironic that a question regarding spam on punBB should promptly elicit a "reply" that is spam!  Does not inspire too much confidence does it?