Topic: POSTDATA on profile.php and admin_permissions.php

Hi,
Mozilla spouts a POSTDATA error when editing stuff via profile.php and admin_permissions.php

The page you are trying to view contains POSTDATA. If you resend the data, any action the form carried out (such as a search or online purchase) will be repeated. To resend the data, click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel.

I usually hit cancel and manually go back to my main forum. I'm not too terribly good with PHP so I can't fix this myself...but it seems that profile could go back to the base URL and admin_permissions to the base admin page.
I'm using Mozilla 1.5RC1, PunBB 1.0.1 on FreeBSD, with PHP version...uhh...4.3.3 if that helps.

Re: POSTDATA on profile.php and admin_permissions.php

That should only happen when you refresh a page that contains post data. When exactly do you get that message?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Well, when I'm editing the first section of my or a user's profile and hit the first submit button. For instance, changing a user title.

Hmm, that's really wierd. You are sure it's not a bug in 1.5RC1? It states that you are trying to "resend" the data, but you don't appear to be doing that.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Ahh. It is a bug in 1.5RC1. Tested in Mozilla 1.3.1, works fine. D'oh...dunno why I didn't think of that first.

Hi!

I know this thread is pretty old but I'm having the same problem with Konqueror 3.5.3.
This only happens when I change a user profile in my forum on my PC as well as in this forum.

This is what the forum displays on the website:

Redirecting
Profile updated. Redirecting …

Click here if you do not want to wait any longer (or if your browser does not automatically
forward you)

This is a window I'm getting:

The page you are trying to view is the result of posted form data. If you resend the data, any
action the form carried out (such as search or online purchase) will be repeated.

Resend        Cancel

I have to click "Cancel" and then the Link "Click here if you do not want to wait any longer (or if your browser does not automatically
forward you)".

At home I'm using PunBB 1.2.12.
With Firefox 1.5.0.4 and Opera 9.00 this doesn't happen.