Topic: Error when trying to post

Hello

Ive got a problem in a forum using the script PunBB. I have uploaded it at Lycos freeweb and configured it right (i think). But one guy i know cant post in the forum and it keeps displaying an errormessage:
"Bad request. The link you followed is incorrect or outdated."

http://goto.glocalnet.net/primalrage/AOL%20Browser.JPG

He is using the AOL browser , but he have tried the original Internet Explorer. The strange thing is that everyone else can post at the forum, someone have any idea, please?
May it be the host Lycos that has got the problems?

Re: Error when trying to post

Honestly I have no idea what could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time that strange things happen at Lycos though. Is he perhaps using some kind of proxy or firewall? In that case, he should try turning it off temporarily to see if that helps.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I have the same error with a friends pc, exact same error.
He is moderator and cannot post inthe forum.

He doesn't have a firewall or proxy. Try to find the error because it's the coleader of my clan and he needs to post a lot.

Found it already.
I logged in on his pc and posted so i figured it was his nick causing the problem.

So i changed his nick and nowit works just fine.
He had made the T like this '][' and there was the problem. Those ' seem to cause a problem in the nick.

Solution found.
Glad to be of assistance!

So, what you're saying is that if the username contains ][, it isn't possible to post replies? A "Bad request." even?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Lustra wrote:

Those ' seem to cause a problem in the nick.

so I guess that the ][ works, but not the apostrophe ' signs ... (sp?!)

Hmm, I thought I had tried every possible combination of characters (well, more or less). I'll have a look at it tonight.

I just tried registering with a username containing ']['. Might I ask exactly what username he was using before you changed it? Also, what PunBB version are you running?

His name was S']['()lR]M[
and now we changed it to Storm
But we tried with other characters too, and the [ ] ( ) didn't give a problem.
I'm using PunBB 1.1.1.

Ok, thanks. I'll do some testing.

Could you perhaps tell me when he got the message "Bad request"? Was it when clicking the "Post reply" link or somewhere else?

I've tested this quite extensively and I can't seem to replicate the problem. Not much more I can do :/