26 (edited by paulcambull 2015-09-03 12:54)

Re: CSS Questions

Has anyone looked into solving this issue?

This is a MAJOR problem with the new mobile version and I can speak with confidence for everyone that uses PunBB that in the long run we will lose forum members without this being corrected.

This goes directly against one of the main reasons for choosing this software - ease of viewing for the user.

paulcambull wrote:

This is a MAJOR problem with the new mobile version and I can speak with confidence for everyone that uses PunBB that in the long run we will lose forum members without this being corrected.

This goes directly against one of the main reasons for choosing this software - ease of viewing for the user.

I hate to keep repeating this but this forum does not seem very active and this is a very important issue for the new forum format.

If anyone has any idea, a direction to point me in or some type of advice I am begging you to please post it.

I have a very active forum that gets extremely busy this time of year and this is an issue that needs resolved immediately.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help with this issue.

paulcambull wrote:
paulcambull wrote:

I hate to keep repeating this but this forum does not seem very active and this is a very important issue for the new forum format.

If anyone has any idea, a direction to point me in or some type of advice I am begging you to please post it.

I have a very active forum that gets extremely busy this time of year and this is an issue that needs resolved immediately.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help with this issue.

BUMP

There are lots of questions similar to this one. These questions are not comprehensive, but they do provide a starting point for me!

Thanks and Regards!

Hi Paul

Did you find a solution to this CSS problem or did you just hit a dead end? Would it require you to change the HTML to do the trick, or do you want to only do it using CSS?

frederiklarsen wrote:

Hi Paul

Did you find a solution to this CSS problem or did you just hit a dead end? Would it require you to change the HTML to do the trick, or do you want to only do it using CSS?

I have run into a dead end.

There was an extension previously done by Kushi that achieves this but I have been able to contact him for assistance.

I believe there is probably more to it than just the CSS.

Ahh - okay, not the news I wanted to hear sad
But great that you are trying to contact him. Please let me know if you get more info about the problem.

The forums software is absolutely outstanding and I have been using it with a very active forum for about 3 years now.Having these options that I am suggesting would greatly increase the efficiency and usage of my forums.

BUMP

This is still a MAJOR issue with the new forum format that needs to be addressed immediately. I am willing to donate some $ to the cause if someone is willing to fix this issue.

paulcambull wrote:

BUMP

This is still a MAJOR issue with the new forum format that needs to be addressed immediately. I am willing to donate some $ to the cause if someone is willing to fix this issue.

Is there anyway to contact a developer for PunBB directly?

There is no conversation regarding the fix of this issue and it is causing major problems for all users of PunBB and it is driving mobile users away.

Sadly no, you'd either have to do the commits yourself via GitHub or just wait it out. Sadly the development seems slow, but still present. Hoping this project picks up once FluxBB is dissolved by Flarum.

I'm willing to do the work if someone can point me in the right direction.

It's more than just the CSS. All I need is a starting point and I will figure out the rest.

Point out the issues if you can and I'll try to look over the code and tell you where to look at. From what it seems like, it should be just a format change if the resolution is that of a mobile device (on tablets it seems to run fine, but I agree on improvements even there).

KnownSyntax wrote:

Point out the issues if you can and I'll try to look over the code and tell you where to look at. From what it seems like, it should be just a format change if the resolution is that of a mobile device (on tablets it seems to run fine, but I agree on improvements even there).

Here is the view now -

http://s3.postimg.org/7noflnn2n/Screenshot_1.jpg

Here is what I would like -

http://s13.postimg.org/j9li2mjub/Screenshot_2.jpg

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to discuss this with me.

Hopefully we can get some more people involved and work towards a solution.
smile

I'll have a look in the files to see a way to fix this, but from my idea it might actually need to be a slight design change (require some theme edits) just to make the current view change. Since we cannot just fully remove the left bar and then drag the data up into the top bar so easily, it might take a little bit more work than what I had original thought of.

I've seen a couple different people with this change through varying methods, one of which was a plugin by Kushi but for some reason no one seems to want to get involved with this.

I'm starting to have my doubts about this software moving forward.

It's a damn shame too. I think that the platform PunBB has is far and away the best forum software around and with just a few changes could be the most preferred internet forum available.

Do you have any links to those websites/forums that are running PunBB with this done? I'm looking around and nothing seems to be going the correct way (as the way you would like I should say).

Eh this project is only in maintenance releases it seems, minus the big jump to mobile rendering really.

KnownSyntax wrote:

Do you have any links to those websites/forums that are running PunBB with this done? I'm looking around and nothing seems to be going the correct way (as the way you would like I should say).

Eh this project is only in maintenance releases it seems, minus the big jump to mobile rendering really.

Here is a link to a forum that does this -

http://panbb.ru/forum/post255.html#p255

I understand that this may just be a maintenance release but it is still a big enough issue to warrant some kind of response to fix.

CSS can be a bit confusing. any vid tips here?

I have fixed this issue.

Anyone that needs help in recreating this, please post to this thread or PM me and I will gladly lend a hand.

47 (edited by addisonadolf00 2016-02-26 11:28)

At the point when components are rendered by CSS box model [CSS21], every component is either not showed by any stretch of the imagination, or organized as one or more rectangular boxes. Every crate has a rectangular substance region, a band of cushioning around the substance, an outskirt around the cushioning, and an edge outside the fringe..... You also use CSS Properties to in center tag to make your text in Center....

If you are using a theme Oxygen , connect these styles

@media screen and (max-width: 600px) {
.postbody, .posthead {
    margin-left: 0.2em;
}

.postbody .post-author, .posthead .post-byline {
    width: 7.5em;
    margin-left: -1em;
}

.author-ident .useravatar img {
    display: block;
    padding: .5em 0;
    max-width: 40px;
    height: auto;
}

}

49 (edited by KamWest 2020-11-27 18:27)

PanBB.Ru wrote:

If you are using a theme Oxygen , connect these styles

@media screen and (max-width: 600px) {
.postbody, .posthead {
    margin-left: 0.2em;
}

.postbody .post-author, .posthead .post-byline {
    width: 7.5em;
    margin-left: -1em;
}

.author-ident .useravatar img {
    display: block;
    padding: .5em 0;
    max-width: 40px;
    height: auto;
}

}

I would love to implement this but don't know how to add this to the oxygen.min.css file.

I added it to the bottom and it made no difference.

What is meant by "connect these styles"

Please forgive me, I am learning.

what do you want to do?
max-width: 600px this means that you can use this for a phone with a screen resolution less than 600 wide.