1 (edited by Dale 2003-12-24 03:28)

Topic: PunBB Resource Center Open-ish

Now first of all, PunBB Resource Center isnt on a PunBB (I can hear people getting ropes out). Sorry but its on a w..o..l..t..l..a..b board. (Sorry Kennel) This is because there are many features like Private Messaging, Portal, Download Center. Also i had major problems intergrating the forum with the main site so i scrapped the site.

Im at the moment adding all the hacks that are currently avaliable for PunBB. The URL for it is:
http://punbb.d-frame.co.uk (Click HOME to access the forums)

I might covert back to PunBB at some other time, but i am using PunBB on my normal site which is my next project to get going.

I am hoping you will all come over there and show your modding skills. I am there everyday of the week, so any problems then PM me over there. You will be required to sign up to post and reply to other messages. If you would like to help me running the PunBB Resource Center then im sorry but im fine at the moment, i would like some moderators though.

PunBB Resource Center: http://punbb.d-frame.co.uk

Hope you enjoy it.

(gizmo you have the same username as you did on the old PunBB Resource Center board and i've emailed you a temp password.)

---------> PLEASE REMEMBER I GOT THE FIRST EVER POST OF PUNBB 1.1! <---------

Re: PunBB Resource Center Open-ish

I hear Cactuz is working on the next version of what he calls The PunBB Resource. He will be using PunBB and not a standard installation of some forum/portal system. What are people gonna think when they visit the "PunBB Resource Center" and it isn't even powered by PunBB? Cactuz has been spending time actually programming his site from the ground up.

I'm happy you are committed to PunBB, but considering your website is powered by some other forum system and that it has no special features one would expect from a modding community, I'm gonna have to wait for Cactuz's site before I decide on which one I recommend officially.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I'm with Kennel on this one... so I'll rather support Cactuz page instead.

Sorry... i'll just let Cactuz do it all then...

Please don't take it like that. I would love for you to compete with Cactuz. But do it by using PunBB and do it by offering something special and extraordinary.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I'll start tonight then... can i have a bit of code for the recent topics like what you use on the front page plz smile

Email It me (dframebiz@hotmail.com) or post it wink

Sorry i kinda let punbb down.

Search for recent discussions in these forums and you will find several topics on the subject.

Cactuz is always up for a competition wink