Topic: Function for printing spacing

A feature request, especially for us who are making "major" modifications to PunBB, like integrating it into the site's web design, would be to have a seperate function for the spacing table you are now putting between the elements.

I have made my own, but replacing the code in every file is time consuming:

Function PHP_PrintSpacer()
{
printf("<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=3><tr><td class=line1px> </td></tr></table>\n");
}

Changing the HTML printed by the function would in fact change every spacing between elements, quite simply. smile

Re: Function for printing spacing

Not a bad idea at all. I'll work on that today.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Would it not be better to assign a class e.g. .punspacer to the <table> tag then you could control all aspects of the spacer, table tr td,  via the stylsheet.

That sounds like an even better idea :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

To the non-programmer, what does this mean? smile

Good ideas are always nice to hear about smile

It means that if you wanted to change the appearance of the spacing between tables, you would just edit the css-files instead of going through lots and lots of scripts.

Excellent.

Is there a thumbs uo Smiley somewhere? No BB is complete without one. Thumbs down too

:thup:
:thdn:

Done.