Topic: Root directory problem

Someone else had a problem like this here, but he did a clean install, before anyone could solve his issue.

I'm trying to upgrade from 1.0.1 to 1.1

I did put the forum into Maintenance mode.

I did upload all the necessary files.

I did upload the 10_to_11_upgrade.php to the punBB root, which in my case is www.debate.ee/idea2004/bboard

However, when I try to run the file, I keep getting "This file must be run from the forum root directory."

What am I doing wrong?

Re: Root directory problem

Apparently nothing :) I'm not sure why it would say that. The file attempts to include config.php and if it can't it outputs the message about it not being in the root directory. Do you have a config.php in the root?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

That's it! You see, the upgrade manual says this

"Update all scripts and files to 1.1. Some of the filenames have changed, so if you don't mind having old files lying around, just extract the 1.1 archive into the same directory as your old installation (overwriting any existing files). If you want a more clean install, remove the old files before extracting the new (once again, make backups!)."

I chose the latter option, which meant that  I didn't have config.php in root any more. ONce I put the config.php back into root, everything worked.

Thanx!

Ah, ok. Maybe I should rewrite that part so that of the install guide. Oh well, it works now :)

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."