Topic: Apache crashes when I click "admin"

Hello,

I'm installing PunBB but can only get it to partially work. The installation seems to be fine and I appear to be able to use most features of the board. However, when I click on the "admin" menu Apache crashes evey time.

The error given is this:

The program tried to execute an invalid instruction
Fault location 0028:0000B
interrupts in service: None

I'm using the following, installed using ApacheFriends (mini)XAMPP Version 1.2;
Apache 2.0.48 (win32)
PHP 4.3.4
MySQL 4.0.15
Windows ME operating system.

Does anyone have any idea why clicking "admin" should cause Apache to crash?

Many thanks.

Max

Re: Apache crashes when I click "admin"

try testing if the 'admin_reports.php' page works, ... if that one works the checks made for admins probably isn't the cause, but perhaps the 'statistics' instead.

Hi Frank, thanks for the quick reply.

I've tested the 'admin_reports.php' page and this works, along with the other 'admin_?' pages in the menu.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'statistics'. I'm looking at 'admin_index.php' in my editor. Do you think I should try and remove a bit at a time from this file to try and find out what isn't working?

Thanks.

Max

/*
// Get the server load averages (if possible)
if (@file_exists('/proc/loadavg'))
{
    // We use @ just in case
    $fh = @fopen('/proc/loadavg', 'r');
    $load_averages = @fread($fh, 64);
    @fclose($fh);

$load_averages = @explode(' ', $load_averages);
    $server_load = $load_averages[0].' '.$load_averages[1].' '.$load_averages[2];
}
else if (preg_match('/averages?: ([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+)/i', @exec('uptime'), $load_averages))
    $server_load = $load_averages[1].' '.$load_averages[2].' '.$load_averages[3];
else
*/   
    $server_load = 'Not available';

=====================================
Hopefully the above code should come out ok.

When I commented out this part from admin_index.php Apache no longer crashes. Not exactly sure yet which part is causing the problem, although I'm now a bit worried about installing this in my web space in case I crash the whole server. I don't have a pc configured with the same linux/apache software to be able to mimic the setup of my web host. I guess there are already quite a few people using this on linux/apache already?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Max

Ah, you found what I thought of smile

Dunno if it's possible to get another type of load values, but you're perhaps satisfied as it is now? smile

It helps me for the moment; I have no need for this feature so it doesn't need to be in. I've only just installed the whole thing so have not yet had a chance to fully test it out and see if it will suit my needs.

I'll post again later if I come across any more problems.

Thanks again.

Max