Topic: Problem with subscribing to a topic

I have got a problem with the subscribing functionality of my forum. When I subscribe  topic nothing happens. I do not receive any mails when a new posts appear there. Do you have any idea how to handle this problem?

Re: Problem with subscribing to a topic

well, my first thought would be to determine if it's a 'subscribe' problem or an 'email' problem...  try sending a normal email to yourself through the form-mail... if that doesn't work then your problem is with 'email' not 'subscribe'.

Find what you want...  Where you want it... www.truelocal.com

Thanks, I will try. Where is this form mail?

Have a look in a user profile. Next to the e-mail field there should be a link "Send e-mail".

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I do not see this link. May be this is because I have version 1.0.1?

How are the mails send by the forum? By SMTP or by sendmail? Now I am installing script for managing mailing lists and I found that my hosting supports only sending mail by SMTP sad May be this is the case here with my subscribe problem in the forum.

Yes, the form e-mail feature was added in 1.1.

E-mails are sent via external SMTP if you enter an SMTP server in admin/options and via internal SMTP (sendmail) if not.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

7 (edited by Jomanix 2005-11-24 10:19)

I have the same problem with the subscribing functionality. When I send an email to myself (via sendmail) everything is ok but I don't receive any message when an answer is added to a subscribed topic. It's a shame for a webmaster...
Any idea ?