Topic: Login on Internet Explorer does not work...

I and my friends seems to have problems to login on Internet Explorer to PunBB, it does not login at all. You try to login, it takes you back to loginpage. All cookies settings are fine. The problem/bug is only found on this forum. I hope you get the problem fixed.

Anyway, PunBB is perfect forum. smile

2 (edited by Jansson 2004-04-13 18:44)

Re: Login on Internet Explorer does not work...

From the FAQ for 1.1.3:

2.4.  People using Internet Explorer 6 are unable to login. Why?

The problem is related to how Internet Explorer 6 handles third party cookies. A first party cookie is a cookie that originates from the host domain, whereas a third party cookie originates from another domain. The problem arises when a website utilizes some form of domain redirect or frame-based redirect service. I.e. a service that redirects the user to the real location instead of pointing directly at it. The only viable solution to the problem is to not use such a domain redirect service and use a "real" domain instead.

More information on the subject can be found in the following article on MSDN, Privacy in Internet Explorer 6.

I see... smile Well, thank you! I recommend my friends to download Mozilla or something. Its a better browser smile

I actually think it's Internet Explorer that is doing it right this time. Cookies from what appears to be third party sources shouldn't be accepted by default. I'd recommend moving away from any form of "domain redirect" and setting up a proper domain instead.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

well...

i don't use redirection and i don't useframes.

i've deleted all my cookies of IE and set on "always authorise" on my domain

and... i can't login under IE6... sad(

Could you post a link to your forums so we can check it out ourselves?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

the forum is on my LAN, so i can't sad

8 (edited by al 2004-07-27 15:06)

well, I correct the code and now i can login under IE and firefox...

in login.php
(near line 74) FIND

setcookie($cookie_name, serialize(array($db_username, $form_password_hash)), $expire, $cookie_path, $cookie_domain, $cookie_secure);

REPLACE BY

if(!setcookie($cookie_name, serialize(array($db_username, $form_password_hash)), $expire, $cookie_path, $cookie_domain, $cookie_secure))
        setcookie($cookie_name, serialize(array($db_username, $form_password_hash)), 600);

thanks a lot for your help roll

Then the problem is your cookie domain in config.php.

al wrote:

in login.php
(near line 74) FIND

setcookie($cookie_name, serialize(array($db_username, $form_password_hash)), $expire, $cookie_path, $cookie_domain, $cookie_secure);

REPLACE BY

if(!setcookie($cookie_name, serialize(array($db_username, $form_password_hash)), $expire, $cookie_path, $cookie_domain, $cookie_secure))
        setcookie($cookie_name, serialize(array($db_username, $form_password_hash)), 600);

i've done this but i still can't login on my forum. i have IE 6.
there is also another problem:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\usr\krasnal\www\emolution\forum1\config.php:22) in c:\usr\krasnal\www\emolution\forum1\header.php on line 28

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\usr\krasnal\www\emolution\forum1\config.php:22) in c:\usr\krasnal\www\emolution\forum1\header.php on line 29

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\usr\krasnal\www\emolution\forum1\config.php:22) in c:\usr\krasnal\www\emolution\forum1\header.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\usr\krasnal\www\emolution\forum1\config.php:22) in c:\usr\krasnal\www\emolution\forum1\header.php on line 31

you probably have a space or something in your config.php file before the "<?php" tag

Frank H wrote:

you probably have a space or something in your config.php file before the "<?php" tag

it works! thanks very much!

al wrote:

in login.php
(near line 74) FIND

REPLACE BY

Was looking for these lines of code in PunBB's login.php file, (I just downloaded version 1.2.10 btw) and i cant seem to find them. Is this located in a different file? I still have the same problem of not being able to Login using IE6SP1. I CAN login with FireFox. Ive already made the recommended mod in the FAQ's for this issue, still doesnt work.

thanks in advanced!

nick

Err, this is for old code tongue
URL to your forum?