Topic: Music?

General discussion topic seems pretty dull. Time to inject some life into here.

What genere of music are you into?
Any specific bands?
Note: Dose not have to be an english band. Forign bands rock!

Do, or do not.

Re: Music?

Last time we had a music thread in here....

Joey wrote:

Last time we had a music thread in here....

Haha, I promise, if it gets out of hand like that Ramus one, I will delete this threde.

Shudder...bad memmories.

Do, or do not.

Guess I better start listing:

Queen,
Led Zeppelin,
U2,
Styx,
Bon Jovi,
Journy,
.38 Special,
Forigner,
Aerosmith,
Black Sabath,
Duran Duran,
Dire Stratis,
Steely Dan,
The Police.

Yeah, so as you can see, Im still stuck in the classic rock era...

Do, or do not.

5 (edited by middleground 2004-04-20 09:49)

zc923 wrote:

Guess I better start listing:

Queen,
Led Zeppelin,
U2,
Styx,
Bon Jovi,
Journy,
.38 Special,
Forigner,
Aerosmith,
Black Sabath,
Duran Duran,
Dire Stratis,
Steely Dan,
The Police.

Yeah, so as you can see, I'm still stuck in the classic rock era...

Same here.....with a few mods.....

Queen,
Led Zeppelin,
The Firm,
Bad Company
U2,
Styx,
Bon Jovi,
.38 Special,
Foreigner,
Aerosmith,
Black Sabath,
Triumph,
Kansas,
Rainbow,
Deep Purple

and add some of the South;
Skynyrd,
Blackfoot,
Molly Hatchet,
Rossington-Collins Band,
and some Allman Brothers....

and a touch of metal madness....
Judas Priest (The Metal Gods....)
Iron Maiden,
Dio,
Krokus,
Ozzy,
Cinderella

a pinch of Texas
Stevie Ray Vaughn,
ZZTop

and my favorite, a touch of the Great White North (Take Off)
RUSH

All conveniently carried in shirt pocket on the iPod....

Every Day Above Ground Is A Good One!!

Can't forget the legend of Hendrix.

Do, or do not.

God I feel old. I've seen most of those bands live, including the fondly remembered Skynard.

Ive seen some of them, but most of them dismembered before I really appriciated their work.

Do, or do not.

9 (edited by Simple Exploding Man 2004-04-20 11:13)

Okay. I won't list my favorite bands because I don't do that since I was eighteen or so, I guess I listen too much music :D. These are the albums/works I've been listening to more often (took a quick look at my DAP), rouhgly:

Bela Bartok, a certain simphony with a long name I don't remember. Damn good.
The Beatles, way too much, just way too much. Revolver, Rubber Soul and Abbey Road quite often.
Black Flag, a californian punk rock (hardcore punk according to a friend) band of the 80s. Very physical at the beginning, strangely twisted by the end, unique and always interesting.
Boards of Canada, a couple albums, just found out about them. Electronics. Great. Kind of Tangerine Dream in the 21st century but with a steady production (so far).
The Books, "The lemon of pink", one of the best albums of 2003. Electronics in spirit, quite analogue in execution, a bit tough the first time through but truly espectacular. Highly recommended.
Cave In, the last two albums, some kind of post-hardcore.
The Cinematic Orchestra, trip-hop or something like that. They recorded a soundtrack for an experimental russian movie of the 20s, "Man with a movie camera" (uh, I don't remember the name in russian right now :D) and while the album is great, strangely great because this "experiments" usually suck, the combined experience is unique. Recommended too (both).
Kraftwerk, remixes for "Aerodynamik". Not a big fan of remixes, I made an exception this time.
Menomena, "I am the fun blame monster!", possibly one of the best album names in pop history :D. Very fun, so loose and imaginative is impossible to convey with words. Bored people of the world with a certain pop sensibility, give it a try!
Mozart, Requiem. Awesome. Among the best Baroque I've heard.
Seatbelts, the OST for the anime Cowboy Bebop. Half the songs are boring, the other half very entertaining.
T. Rex, 'cause they kick ass :).

Tagging reminded me I have to check whether it is easy to change the tags, I always use spanish equivalents, what a mess :D.

PS. The Rasmus guy was gay or not in the end? (wahahahaha, I'm mean!!!)

ok, and what about the long forgotten band "propaganda"???

Get working !!!!??? Start your own Forum!! Every day fresh!! (HIT ME!!)

zc923 wrote:

....but most of them dismembered before ....

Oh yeah- forgot Def Leppard  (very bad drummer joke).... smile

I was a little young and poor to catch them "back in the day"..but have been catching some good "old timers tours" past year... Rush twice, ZZTop once (and tickets for Sept for second time. the current Skynryd and 38-Special at same fair but not sure the wife will go for it), Def Leppard at the county fair of all places couple years ago...and the US Tour of REO, Styx (which was the best), and Journey.....Aerosmith up the road in Hershey in a month or so, but not at $90 for the good seats...

Granted, not the same as the good old days of stadium concerts (Bon Jovi '87) when WWW meant weed, wine and women, but still all have been a great shows...

I've still got the original vinyl. Trying to get LP's to fit a cd player is a real pig though

Still got some vinyl also, wife finally made me throw out the 8-tracks smile

Where do I get it?....Buy it, both in CD form and download form (iTunes), and it goes straight to the iPod....

* Weird Al "Yankovic"
* The Toy Dolls
* Moby
* Mini Moni big_smile

Have looped Weird Al for some weeks now I think. smile

Um, Ripped CDs, before the RIAA, I did do some downloading. But no more, I bought the same songs from iTunes to support the artists.

Do, or do not.

Im pretty sure the RIAA wont touch you down in hell, Ev!l.

Do, or do not.