Topic: Can't install, getting "Unable to connect" and "Access denied"!

Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server. Access denied for user: 'mysql@localhost' (Using password: YES). 

I'm not sure about this. Can it be the read and write privilegies for my mysql and phpbb folders? I've set them to read and write for the user that I'm loged in with. And does it matter if I choose the loged in user account or the account that I installed mysql on? Err... I never understand anything about MySQL...

Using Mac OS X, so if you know some magic Terminal-command please tell.

Re: Can't install, getting "Unable to connect" and "Access denied"!

Are you sure the username for your MySQL server is "mysql"?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

For the server? I know that the username for the account that I installed MySQL on is mysql. Is that the username that punbb is looking for?

(Trevligt, snabb feedback!)

"the account that I installed MySQL on"

^^ As in a normal computer account (as in for example an unix username), or did you create an account when you installed the mysql-server?

Hm.. The MySQL installer createed a new account. It does not show up as an account that I can login to.

I messed around with PHP MyAdmins privilegies and now it works smile It still confuses me and I don't really understand andything of MySQL, but it works!

The forum looks great. Thanks for the support

Hehe, it's a mystery in the beginning :)

Always fun to be of any use :P