Topic: Profile bug?

I know I know Im using 1.1.1 which is old

and the problem has been adressed in the new version, but...
I need to use the old version so i can use the Attachment mod...

When you go into your profile and try to update, it says: That username already
exists. Not only that, if i change my username in there it creates a second user, same name as me and whenever i log on, according to the first page, myself and the other user is on...

Can you help me fix this in my old version so I can keep the attachment mod?

Thanks!

Re: Profile bug?

datapurge wrote:

When you go into your profile and try to update, it says: That username already exists.

You say this is fixed? I can't remember that bug. Do you know in what version it was fixed?

datapurge wrote:

Not only that, if i change my username in there it creates a second user, same name as me and whenever i log on, according to the first page, myself and the other user is on...

It doesn't create an extra user. It's just the online list that displays the old name for a few minutes. Just wait and it will disappear.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

ok well i figured out that when you are a normal user it updates fine, however as an administrator, when I attempt to change settings such as full name and such it says that name already exists, (I think it could be the fact that administrators can change the name [instead of just text its a textbox] so maybe its checking that textbox against the old name expecting you to change it)

WOW very strange, now it works, only two things have changed since it absolutely wouldnt work:

1. Added another Administrator
2. Uploaded and Avatar

One of the two things seems to have fixed the issue...
strange.

Hmm, no. I have no idea how that could happen. When you as an administrator modify someones profile, it checks that the username isn't already taken, but it only checks it for users with a different id than the one you're editing.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

well heh i know it for sure wasnt working, but i also know it for sure is working now so hey, if it aint broke dont fix it.

True. It still troubles me though. There's only one thing that's worse than a bug and that's a bug that disappears by itself for no apparent reason :D

Rickard wrote:

True. It still troubles me though. There's only one thing that's worse than a bug and that's a bug that disappears by itself for no apparent reason big_smile

It never seemed to bother Bill Gates that much.

haha, well if I figure anything out i'll let you know. I dont have much experience with PHP but Ive been programming C C++ and some perl for as long as I can remember so if i find something I can probably give you a pretty detailed report smile I love wht you've got going here, keep up the awesome work