Topic: Unable to fetch topic list for forum.

This problem has just happenned without updating anything! one hour ago it was working fine... and suddently, argh! maybe my host update the mysql? or what?

i put in the Debug mode and i get:

File: /home/hosting/fbrs/viewforum.php
Line: 147

PunBB reported: Unable to fetch topic list for forum 
Database reported: Can't open file: '_fbrstopics.MYI'. (errno: 145) (Errno: 1016) 

The line 147 of my viewforum.php is

// Fetch topic ID's
$result = $db->query('SELECT id FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics WHERE forum_id='.$id.' ORDER BY sticky DESC, last_post DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$disp_topics) or error('Unable to fetch topic list for forum', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

Anybody can help me? What should i do for fix it?

Re: Unable to fetch topic list for forum.

MySQL error 145 means:

"Table was marked as crashed and should be repaired"

You need to repair the topics table. You can do that is any kind of administration utility (MySQL Administrator, phpMyAdmin etc).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

In phpMyAdmin, i can see the tables at left, but when i click the _fbrstopics table i get the same error. I am supposed to enter the table to see the option "repair" (i saw that in other tables). Can i repair it in other way? or am i doing something wrong?

my host is using:
phpMyAdmin 2.3.3pl1
MySQL 4.0.14

When you click on your database name, you can usually see a list of the tables with checkboxes beside them. Click on the checkbox of the table you want to repair, scroll to the bottom of the page and there is a drop down list, then just select Repair. smile

yes !!! problem solved! after following Andy's instructions it just worked.
Thank you very much people, it was a awesome support.