Topic: very small request for 1.2

Please use a dedicated class (in the stylesheet) for links - currently there's a class for disabled/inactive links, but other links use no class at all, which makes it impossible to, for example, style the buttons with borders, icons or rollover effects...

Re: very small request for 1.2

come to think of it, dedicated style classes for individual TYPES of links might be extremely useful - like for example, if the profile page links in posts (clickable usernames) had a dedicated style class, you'd be able to write a stylesheet with a little user icon if you wanted that.

you can easily keep the default style sheet simple and without repetitions still, while adding a lot more versatility and options for those who design styles.

also, one question - what's with the nested tables? looks like you've got two nested tables, both with disabled borders, where the outer table "emulates" a border by using a background color ... why not simply one table, use border-collapse, and use the border properties? you should get the exact same result...?

The markup and style sheets have been greatly improved in 1.2 (no more nested tables and tables for layout). Paul is working on those changes. I do believe he has implemented classes for the the different types of likes. He's on vacation now though, so I'll have to check with him when he comes back.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

No more tables? I am impressed smile Must have been quite a big thing making the migration...

Well, tables are used when tables should be used. For instance index.php and viewforum.php still use tables.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

sweet! smile