Topic: Problem with avatars.

Hi, friends. smile

I have this beautiful little forum installed in order for it to be used for a future roleplaying community. Its in its alpha stages, pre-site forums you see. Now, I'm in love with PunBB, she runs fast, and she's not tied down with dozens of meaningless icons, but I'm darned if I know how to fix this problem!

My forum has avatars turned on, and they're just not showing.
I've changed the avatarial permissions to the following:
100 x 100 pixels and 999999 bytes (977 KB).

Upon attempting to upload, the users are confronted with this error message:

"Info
The server was unable to save the uploaded file. Please contact the forum administrator at jujenjitsu@yahoo.com."

Also, both the 'img' and 'avatars' folders have been CHMODDED to 777 on the server.

I've hosted forums which enabled avatars on this server before as well, and I've had no problems.

The url of the forum is as follows:
http://eion.roleplayersinc.net/forums/

Have a google, won't you?

Re: Problem with avatars.

Ok, go to profile.php and find row 368. There, remove the character @ from the next 10 rows or so. That will prevent PunBB from supressing the error message we are interested in :) The @ is in front of calls to the functions move_uploaded_file, chmod and unlink.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

After deleting the files and attempting to re-upload, I was confronted with the same error, as well as this at the top of the page:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(img/avatars/2.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/eion/forums/profile.php on line 375

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpSbm64c' to 'img/avatars/2.jpg' in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/eion/forums/profile.php on line 375

Well, according to that, PHP does not have permission to move the file to the avatars directory. Are you sure you've chmodded it correctly?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Its been chmodded to 777.

Oh, wait, I got it.

NICE ONE.

Thanks bro', I've recommended this forum to all my buds.

=]

What was wrong?

Chmodded to 776, lol.

It happens to the best :)

Uhm, I have the same problem, how to 'chmodd' it?

right click on the folder in your favourite FTP program usually