1 (edited by Ataxy 2004-06-07 01:06)

Topic: problem with login

hi i have installed punbb on my omputer so me and a couple of friend could communicate and leave ourself message
the thing is people can register but when you try to login it just comes back to the login screen so even i cannot login as admin
i have check a couple of post about login problem but all of them seem to go pass the login screen as i dont even see the screen with the "thank you, you are now logged in as XXXXXXX"
the forum is on my computer and it is set up with those server soft
Mysql 3.23
php 4.3.6
on windows xp pro 
the server software is made by one of my friend and he as no problem running phpBB and another one is running invision all with the same server soft unfortunatly i cant give any url as they all work true internal ip so my url is http://192.168.2.30:725/forum/index.php and those forum are then tunnel to one another true the web by this soft but are not available true a web browser only by using this soft so anyway i dont know if you have any idea as to why i am having this problem

Re: problem with login

So what you're saying is that when you click the login button, it does nothing? It just clears the form and shows the same page again? Nothing else happens?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

exactly

<?php

$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_name = 'mysql';
$db_username = 'root';
$db_password = '';
$db_prefix = '';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;

$language = 'en';

define('PUN', 1);

?>

so any idea i have tryed invision with no problem and phpbb to without any problem

I honestly have no idea. Maybe it has to do with output buffering. Try putting this in your config.php:

define('PUN_DISABLE_BUFFERING', 1);

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

anywhere in it

8 (edited by Ataxy 2004-06-07 14:28)

well i have put it at the end and beggining of the file before the ?> but it still does not work

You say it's running on your own web server. Could you try it with a different web server?

i have none set up but whe think whe found a bug that might be related to our server software

Ah, ok. I'd love to hear more about the bug if it related to the problem described above.

ok ill let you know if whe find it out