Topic: Firefox 0.9 Released

The latest version of Firefox can now be downloaded.
Now includes a data migration tool for importing information from other browsers.
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/

EDIT

Just installed it. The import of IE6 history, cookies, recently viewed pages, bookmarks and passwords worked perfectly.

Re: Firefox 0.9 Released

Nice, I'll check it out after work.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Work. Sh*t. I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing.

Dont see much different. Just looks overall refined.
Maybe if IE would actually change something in its patches, it could be as functional.

Do, or do not.

I guess we have to wait until Longhorn for a new IE, unless a miracle happens...

SP2 for Windows XP will include a new version of IE. It has a popup stopper and refined security options. Not a big upgrade though.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

SP2 for Windows XP will include a new version of IE. It has a popup stopper and refined security options. Not a big upgrade though.

I wonder if they have to stop using popups then... no one will ever see them. (This is maybe a bad thing for me, as it is now I don't see them, but meny other users do :))

Yes, I believe we can expect a lot more of those annoying Flash thingies that fly around all over the page. It has been said before and it deserves to be said again, Flash is EVIL!

Thats why I havent installed the plugins for it.

Do, or do not.

NOTE - Do not install Firefox over the top of another Firefox installation. If you want to install Firefox 0.9 into the same folder that you had Firefox 0.8 in, uninstall Firefox 0.8 first. Upgrading will be fixed in a future release.

hmm... what happens to my old stuff then, bookmarks etc?

It will ask you if you want to migrate them

Do, or do not.

ah ok ... sounds like I'm gonna install it tomorrow then ...  wink

installed ... smile

the extentions and themes download/install works alot better now (in 0.8 I sometimes got downloads to stop, so I had to click another one to install the first one, it's now fixed)

so far so good wink

It's just getting better and better :)

when will they allow me to just run the install program instead of having to go and back up everything sad?

tempus wrote:

when will they allow me to just run the install program instead of having to go and back up everything sad?

In the case of 0.9, you are better off using a new profile. The changes that were made to themes and extensions require a new profile or else you'll have issues. Maybe after 1.0, the installation of Firefox won't require jumping through hoops.

nice... I have the older version of firefox, so I will download it later.

Rickard wrote:

Yes, I believe we can expect a lot more of those annoying Flash thingies that fly around all over the page. It has been said before and it deserves to be said again, Flash is EVIL!

You can't have anything against those flash movies can ya

http://www.rearanged.net/cshackernoob.html
^
My favorite

Doesn't Mozilla have 2 browsers Firebird and Firefox? I use Opera Though.

Firebird is also the name of another opensource project. Mozilla decided not to go into a battle and changed the name to Firefox.

Do, or do not.

Yes, there was a small battle about that name, i was in Firebid SQL side not mozila.

Firebird SQL 1.5 Database
I am used in my "Delphi" projects, it's easy like mysql, Have triggers and stored procedures, one file of database.

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

I have been using Firefox as my default browser for about 3 months now... and I can say I love it!  I will never go back to IE unless I need to do testing for my web projects... thats it though.

Firefox is just plain awesome.  Gotta love the guys who put it together... they must have Microsoft shaking in their boots!

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

lhere are a few pages that doesn't work in firefox ... so one is still forced to use ie once in a while (at least earlier I tried booking tickets on SAS website ... but I couldn't alter the date ... probably some JAVA or ActiveX stuff that wouldn't work in firefox...)
but ... F6, ctrl+c,some folder, F6, ctrl+v, enter ... that really doesn't take that long when that stuff happens wink

23 (edited by Antony 2004-08-19 22:58)

Ah. Thanks, I'll be installing the latest version when I get home.

-Antony (Tux)
See you at the bitter end!