Topic: MySQL error 11 - Thread problems

I'm settings up my last project at a friends server, and found out that there's a problem. After a while there's too much mysql-threads (they doesn't close... don't know why) so MySQL can't create more of them and gives the error-message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug in...

Does someone knows how to fix this? (He's running some kind of linux-installation...)

Edit: No, I've not consulted the manual...

Re: MySQL error 11 - Thread problems

What version of mysql?

Do, or do not.

MySQL info from phpinfo():

Client API version: 3.23.56

Are you using mysql_pconnect? In that case try using mysql_connect isnstead.
If you're using mysql_connect already, try putting a mysql_close() in the bottom of your scripts to make sure they close.

Gaaah! Now it happened again! MySQL have 1500 processes running, and can't create new ones :( And to make things worce, I don't have root-access :(

RNilsson wrote:

Are you using mysql_pconnect? In that case try using mysql_connect isnstead.
If you're using mysql_connect already, try putting a mysql_close() in the bottom of your scripts to make sure they close.

I'm running Pun on it, and the owner have a PhpBB-forum or something like that. Don't know if he's using any pconnections though...

Do I need to close the connection when using Perl?

Chacmool wrote:

Do I need to close the connection when using Perl?

I can't imagine otherwise.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."