Topic: question about header

for the index.php i need to put a piece of javascript in between the <header> and <body> tags, where exactly do i put them in this code? i tried putting it at the very top before the <?php tag, and i made sure to close the script aftwards, but im getting an error whenever i visit the index.php page. i get this at the top of the page:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/uk/x/k/i/xkilliex/htdocs/board/index.php:1) in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/x/k/i/xkilliex/htdocs/board/include/functions.php on line 82

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/uk/x/k/i/xkilliex/htdocs/board/index.php:1) in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/x/k/i/xkilliex/htdocs/board/header.php on line 43

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/uk/x/k/i/xkilliex/htdocs/board/index.php:1) in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/x/k/i/xkilliex/htdocs/board/header.php on line 44

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/uk/x/k/i/xkilliex/htdocs/board/index.php:1) in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/x/k/i/xkilliex/htdocs/board/header.php on line 45

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/uk/x/k/i/xkilliex/htdocs/board/index.php:1) in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/x/k/i/xkilliex/htdocs/board/header.php on line 46

what can i do to do this?

Re: question about header

You need to insert this in your main.tpl if I'm not mistaken.
Between

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<pun_char_encoding>">
<pun_head>
</head>

these head tags.

You can find the template file here > /include/template/

thx alot man, that helped me out alot. i have another question now. id like to change the color of the text/links/tables etc. but i cant seem to find a .css file. can u tell me how i would go about doing this? id like to change the color because im going to insert this message board directly into my site (so the visitors dont have to go to a page that only has a board on it) and id like the colors of the board to match the colors of my site. thx in advance

4 (edited by codeseven 2004-06-25 20:34)

god, nvm, i found the .css's. i dont know how i missed them. now i have another question. is it possible to reduce the width of the text box of a reply message? not the fast reply box, but the normal reply box. its a little too wide and i want it to be skinnier

You'd have to edit post.php to do that. Just search for textarea and you'll find it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

thx alot, you guys helped me out alot. good job on developing the board, its awesome. once again, thx and gl to you