Topic: A thing that bugs me

http://php.resourceindex.com/detail/02952.html

Check out the user rating at the top (by Tim). What the hell does he mean by that? Why would you ever want to install without entering a username?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: A thing that bugs me

Yeah, I saw that a couple of days ago. He didn't make any sense to me ;)

Hey, you can't please everyone. He seems like the kind of guy who would run as root on his Linux box.

hcgtv wrote:

Hey, you can't please everyone. He seems like the kind of guy who would run as root on his Linux box.

Sh*t. You mean you are not supposed to do that.

hcgtv wrote:

Yeah, I know. It just bugs me. I wouldn't have reacted if he disliked something that actually made sense.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Shame that people lower ratings for something like that...

... it's prolly some other jealous forum maker/user that want to even out stuff , one comment on something that's probably on most bb's and still only one commet in total from him roll

just my 2 cents wink

8 (edited by Raybo 2004-07-22 19:52)

what's his name?

- OH!!  .... U s e r n a me   :>)

doh!!

Jeez, Rickard, I wouldn't give that guy a second thought.  At the same time however, it's nice that you brought it up - when you shoulder your feelings like that, IMHO is just shows that you really care about punBB and it's userbase.

Kudo's dood.

We(punbb) don't have argue with those who rate less and dont know the quality.
They know what they are.

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

Don't worry : since I'm on the Web (1998), and after testing a lot of UBB ... your PunBB is great, even if some options are missing : but your baby is young ... and already great !

Life's like that sometimes big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

LOL big_smile